The Goregaon Vipassana Centre is a Vipassana meditation campus situated within the city of Mumbai, at Goregaon East, near Gokuldham colony. It conducts Vipassana Meditation Courses in the tradition of Saygyi U Ba Khin as taught by Shri S N Goenka.
The campus is situated in a ground plus 5 storey building spread over an approximate area of 11,000 sq ft.
Facilities at the Centre now include:
- Main Dhamma Hall on 5th Floor with air conditioning and sound proofing so that students get a conducive atmosphere to practice seriously.
- Accommodation in rooms as well as in common halls on the 1st to the 4th Floor. The rooms have attached toilets. These are usually shared accomodation. However experienced Old Students can be given individual accommodation subject to availability.There are also common bathroom and toilets on each floor with hot water supply.
- A Dining hall on the ground floor serves vegetarian food during courses.
- A small walking area is available on the ground floor.
- Lift is available for the main building to access 1st to 5th floor.
- Keeping in mind the requirement for old students to get a place to strengthen their daily practice, a new air conditioned Dhamma hall has been constructed on the space above the new building containing the Kitchen. It is behind the Centre building and is accessed through a small wicket gate in the front. This Hall is being used for Daily Group Sittings and One Day courses. However, there is no lift available for this Dhamma Hall.
Types of Courses at Goregaon Vipassana Centre
10 Day residential Vipassana Meditation courses
3-Day courses for those who have completed a 10 Day course.
Daily Group Sittings – 8.00 AM - 9.00 AM and 6 PM - 7PM.
Old students who have done at least one 10-Day Vipassana course are welcome to join the same or come to sit at a time of their convenience between 8 AM to 7 PM.
One-Day courses every Saturday and Sunday from 10.30 AM - 5 PM.
Please note, the Daily Group Sitting, One-Day and 3 Day courses are meant only for those who have already learnt to practice Vipassana by attending at least one 10 Day Vipassana Meditation course as taught by Shri SN Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Children’s courses – The children's course is open to all children having completed 10 years and till 16 years.
Introductory Anapana Meditation sessions - these are introductory sessions for those who want to learn aboout Vipassana Meditation and try a 10 min practice session. It is held on request for vistors to the Centre. You are welcome to visit the Centre any day between 9 AM to 7 PM for the same.
The Centre also serves as a training centre for MCGM school teachers under the MITRA program
Getting there - The Centre is a few minutes’ drive from Western Express highway.
Turn left on WEH after Oberoi Mall signal when coming from Borivali or take a U turn under the Oberoi mall flyover if coming from Andheri.
Take BEST route 347 or 447 from Goregaon Station East and get off at Doordarshan colony or Lakshdham school stop.
Take BEST route 345 from Charkop via Malad Station, West & East and get off at Hanuman Naka which is close to the Centre.
Address: Goregaon Vipassana Centre, Opposite Lakshdham School, Mohan Gokhale Road, Gokuldham Colony, Goregaon (E) Mumbai 400063
Location - https://goo.gl/maps/om6Kug8XFmZ7Vcwf7
Donation for Goregaon Vipassana Centre may be sent to the following bank account. Please send details of the donation to firstname.lastname@example.org for availing donation receipt.
Name of Bank account:
Dhamma Pattana Vipassana Trust A/c Goregaon Centre
Axis Bank Ltd, Malad West Branch,
Account No. 921010040391149
IFSC Code - UTIB0000062