The Goregaon Vipassana Centre is a Vipassana meditation campus situated within the city of Mumbai, at Goregaon East, near Gokuldham colony. It conducts Vipassana Meditation Courses in the tradition of Saygyi U Ba Khin as taught by Shri S N Goenka.
The campus is situated in a ground plus 5 storey building spread over an approximate area of 11,000 sq ft.
The renovation and upgradation of the Centre was completed in Feb 2023 and courses have now resumed.
Facilities at the Centre now include: Air Conditioned Dhamma Hall on 5th Floor, accomodation in rooms and common halls on the lower floors. There are a limited number of rooms with attached toilets. There are also common bathroom and toilets on each floor with hot water supply.
The dining hall on the ground floor serves vegetarian food during courses. A small walking area is available on the ground floor. Lift is available in the main building.
A new Dhamma hall has been constructed on the 1st floor of the Kitchen building behind the Centre. This will be used for daily Group Sittings and One Day courses. Please note, there is no lift available for this Dhamma Hall.
Types of Courses at Goregaon Vipassana Centre
- 10 Day residential Vipassana Meditation courses:- The first 3 Day for old students only was held successfully from 3rd to 6th Feb 2022. The first 10 day Vipassana course for first timers and old students was then held successfully from 28th April 2022 to 9th May 2022. Since then single gender, residential courses are being held as per a schedule. Please visit the course schedule page for the schedule of courses and to apply for the same.
- Daily Group Sittings – 8.00 AM - 9.00 AM and 6 PM - 7PM.
Old students who have done at least one 10-Day Vipassana course are welcome to join the same or come to sit at a time of their convenience between 8 AM to 7 PM.
- One-Day courses every Saturday and Sunday from 11 AM - 5 PM.
Please register for the One Day course here: https://forms.gle/kGCqhZ8UiEbBhoKDA
3-Day courses held as per schedule.
Please note, the Daily Group Sitting, One-Day and 3 Day courses are meant only for those who have already learnt to practice Vipassana by attending at least one 10 Day Vipassana Meditation course as taught by Shri SN Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Children’s course – On Sundays as per schedule from 9.30 AM to 3.30 PM
Please register for Children course here: https://forms.gle/secNv2wr34XSdYZT6
The children's course is open to all children having completed 10 years and till 16 years.
- Introductory Anapana Meditation sessions - these are introductory sessions for those who want to learn aboout Vipassana Meditation and try a 10 min practice session. It is held on request for vistors to the Centre. You are welcome to visit the Centre any day between 9 AM to 7 PM for the same.
- The Centre also serves as a training centre for MCGM school teachers under the MITRA program
Getting there - The Centre is a few minutes’ drive from Western Express highway.
- Turn left on WEH after Oberoi Mall signal when coming from Borivali or take a U turn under the Oberoi mall flyover if coming from Andheri.
- Take BEST route 347 or 447 from Goregaon Station East and get off at Doordarshan colony or Lakshdham school stop.
- Take BEST route 345 from Charkop via Malad Station, West & East and get off at Hanuman Naka which is close to the Centre.
Address: Goregaon Vipassana Centre, Opposite Lakshdham School, Mohan Gokhale Road, Gokuldham Colony, Goregaon (E) Mumbai 400063
Location - https://goo.gl/maps/om6Kug8XFmZ7Vcwf7
Donation for Goregaon Vipassana Centre may be sent to the following bank account. Please send details of the donation to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Mr Derik Pegado on +91 22 50427512 / 28451204 for any further details and for availing donation receipt.
Dhamma Pattana Vipassana Trust
Axis Bank Ltd, Malad West Branch, IFSC Code - UTIB0000062
Account No. 921010040391149